Lyon County Fair 2012
July 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
LYON COUNTY FAIR
FIGURE "8" RACE
LYON COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS
SATURDAY, JUNE 16, 2012 AT 7:00 P.M.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 25, 2011 AT 7:30 P.M.
RULES FOR MALE OR FEMALE
All cars will be assigned a number from 1 to 140 by only Alvin Smidstra. Cars will have 4 numbers. There will be one number on each of the front doors. Numbers on front doors must be at least 18 inches high and 2 inches wide. Numbers on the top must be standing up and must be 6 inches wide and 10 inches tall. They must be visible from both sides. Contrasting color of paint must be used for car numbers. No other numbers are allowed on the cars. Entry fee to be paid before number will be assigned. All car owners who had a number last year may keep old number by confirming it with Alvin Smidstra and paying the entry fee by 1:00 P.M., June 15, 2012 or 1:00 P.M., July 25, 2012 respectively. Racers who did not race last year but did in previous years must check with Alvin Smidstra before using their old number. The purse winner check will be made out to the driver. Be sure you have the right address on the registration form. If Alvin Smidstra does not receive your entry by the deadline date, you will NOT be able to race. If you want to enter all the races, please enter by the Heritage Days deadline. If you are entering only the race for the fair, please send your entry in as soon as possible. We will not be sending you any more forms. Send all entries to Alvin Smidstra, Lyon County Fair Assn., 3441 140th St Rock Rapids, IA 51246. Make all checks payable to Lyon County Fair Assn.
1. Cars and station wagons only.
2. All glass must be removed from your car, including headlights. Glass fragments must be removed from door cavities.
3. All tail lights and gas gauge wires must be cut.
4. The hood of your car must be chained down securely. It should have holes cut on both sides for extinguishing fires.
5. The doors of your car must be chained or welded shut securely.
6. You may not in any way block or weld your springs or do anything in any way to make your car more sturdy.
7. Seat belts are required.
8. You must re-enforce the door on the driver's side only. No sand weights are allowed in doors.
9. Fenders may be cut to size of tires only.
10. You must have a 4 point roll cage. Specs for the roll cage are as follows: The 4 risers must be 2” pipe, other bars can be 1 ¼ “ pipe. There must be an X-bar behind the driver and the driver’s side must be re-enforced 2” bar to 2” bar. NO CARS WILL BE ALLOWED TO RACE WITHOUT A FOUR POINT ROLL CAGE.
11. You may protect radiator, but it must be inside radiator grill. No pipe outside frame rails.
12. Car must have original bumper. No pipe outside frame rails.
13. No trailer hitches.
14. No added weight.
15. No gas tank inside car. It must be in normal position. If you are unable to put gas tank in normal position, put it in the trunk, but it must be securely fastened, and a firewall must be between tank and driver.
1. You must be 18 years of age to operate a vehicle in this race and have a driver's license.
2. You must 16 years of age to enter the pit area.
3. All drivers and pit crewmembers must sign insurance agreement and pay the pit gate fee upon entering the pit area.
4. The driver is the only person allowed in the car during a heat.
5. There will be an entry fee of $10.00 for each car.
6. All drivers must remain in their cars until the announcer has officially declared the heat over, except in case of fire.
7. All drivers must wear helmets. No beer in the pit area.
8. Anyone with an arm out a window while driving will be disqualified.
9. Any driver that hits another car in the left front door is automatically disqualified.
10. Any car that cannot compete after the heat race must notify the track steward.
11. Any driver not completing the course is automatically disqualified.
12. Any rule or regulation not covered here will be left up to the track official.
Heat Race - Draw for position Heat Race
A Feature - First 1/4 cars 1st - $30.00 with trophy
B Feature - Second 1/4 cars 2nd - $20.00
C Feature - Third 1/4 cars 3rd - $15.00
D Feature - Remainder 1/4 cars 4th - $10.00
Entries close after first 20 cars
Special driving instructions will be given on the night of the race - Be there and pay attention!
Entries close after the first 75 cars for the Heritage Days race and the Lyon County Fair Race.
The pit gates will open at 5:30 P.M. for all races.
No pushing vehicles. All cars should be on trailers according to Iowa law.
The entry fee is $10.00 per car. If a car is entered in the men’s race, an extra fee is not needed if the car is also entered in the Women On Wheels race. Please write in the name and address of the Women on Wheels driver on your entry form. But if a Women On Wheels car is not entered in the men’s race, a $10.00 fee will be required. There will NOT be any late registrations for the Women On Wheels race. All entries for this race must be in by the deadline date or they will not be entered. This is for both races.
FORMS NOT RECEIVED BY THE DEADLINE DATE WILL BE SUBJECT TO AN EXTRA $10.00 CHARGE.
FOR QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CARS THEMSELVES PLEASE CALL Alvin Smidstra.
FOR QUESTIONS CONCERNING NUMBERS, THE RACE AND WOMEN ON WHEELS PLEASE CALL Alvin Smidstra.